Animal Liberation Press Office relay anonymous communiques, photos and videos to the media about the direct action taken by the Animal Liberation Front (ALF), Animal Rights Militia (ARM), Animal Liberation Brigade, the Justice Department and other leaderless resistance in the animal liberation movement.    It is said that it will “explain and try to justify any action, whatever it may be,” as long as it appears to have been carried out “with the sincere intention to promote animal liberation.”  the North American press office also includes a newsletter, a prisoner list and merchandise page.  
The press office’s position is that it receives claims of responsibility from anonymous cells, and that its officials “do not engage in illegal activities, nor know some people who do.”  In contrast, described a British high judge Press Officer Robin Webb a “central and central figure” in the ALF. 
The first press office was founded in the UK in October 1991. Media relations originally handled by the Animal Liberation Front Supporters Group, but a new ALF press office was created to receive claims of responsibility anonymously, to avoid accusations of conspiracy. The name was changed again, this time to the Animal Liberation Press Office, after the introduction of the Act of Terrorism in 2000, in order to avoid police attention, and to reflect that the office issues statements on behalf of a number of activist groups, not just the ALF. 
Robin Webb, former member of the RSPCA Governing Council, operates offices in the United Kingdom. 
Press Service of North America, also known as NAALPO, co-founded in 1994,  and was reopened in December 2004  by Steven Best, associate professor of philosophy at the University of Texas, El Paso. The current press officers are: 
- Jerry Vlasak – Trauma surgeon and former animal researcher
- Will Hazlitt – Press Officer / Journalist R9 Media
- Yeşim Nurova – Press service advisor / Journalist R9 Media / Press Liaison Office – Europe
- Greg Johnston Van Pukeston – Press Officer / Journalist R9 Media / Press Office Liaison for environmental measures / activist groups.
- Ian Purdy – Press Secretary Advisor / liaison officer – PR
Relationship with the ALF
In October 2006, the difference between the British Animal Liberation Press Office and ALF question when a High Court judge ruled that Robin Webb was bound by an injunction prohibiting protests at Oxford University. Webb had claimed that he was a journalist, not a member of ALF or its supporters group. According to The Guardian described the referee Webb as a “central and pivotal figure [Alf]” and concluded that “the press service was not a neutral reporting or simply a vehicle for the apologists for the ALF, but an important part of the ALF strategy. ”  In contrast, argue the North American press office 
If the press office had no direct contacts with the underground, knew who the members of underground groups were, or were members of the law enforcement would not hesitate to charge and imprison us. The press service often anonymous communiques from these underground groups, and sends them on to the media, but has no personal knowledge of who sends them, or from which they broadcast.
- n Movement , environmental magazine
- Vegan Prisoner Support Group (VPSG)
- ^ Jump up to: abc “History of the Animal Liberation Press Office,” Animal Liberation Supporters’ Group, retrieved May 23, 2006
- Jump up ^ Anonymous communiqué Got ’09, Animal Liberation Press Office, 2009.
- Jump up ^ Anonymous communiqué Got ’08, Animal Liberation Press Office , 2008.
- ^ Jump up to: ab Animal Liberation Press Office, NAALPO website .
- ^ Jump up to: abc Frequently asked questions about the North American Animal Liberation Press Office, Animal Liberation Press Office .
- Jump up ^ Additional Disclaimer, NAALPO website .
- ^ Jump up to: ab “Oxford wins protest injunction case”, The Guardian, October 13, 2006. Retrieved November 11, 2006.
- Jump up ^ “Stay on Target and Going the Distance: An interview with British ALF Press Officer Robin Webb,” No compromise , Issue 22, undated, retrieved May 23, 2006
- Jump up ^ 1Offentliggörande of the creation of the North American Animal Liberation Press Office, North American Animal Liberation Press Office , 2 December 2004.