The Protection and Rescue League (or Aprl ) is a US 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization founded in 2003 that works to document and expose the cruelty suffered by animals behind closed doors, particularly in factory farms.
Aprl has attracted the attention of national and international media, and has raised its concerns over animal cruelty to pay attention to the public.
- Prevention of Farm Animal Cruelty
Aprl is a member of Californians Humane Farms, a coalition of animal protection groups working to pass the Prevention of Farm Animal Cruelty Act-an initiative that will appear on California’s November 2008 ballot. Aprl led the signature gathering phase of the campaign in Southern California
- Yes on Prop 2 (Law Farm Animal Cruelty Prevention)
- Stoppa Foie Gras
- College Outreach (Leaflet distribution encouraging become vegan on campus)
- Festival Outreach (Aprl set up information tables on animal issues at festivals in Southern California)
- Ban Kalv Production
- End Wildlife Poisoning (implement humane alternative to squirrel baiting and poisoning)
- Spay and neuter your cats and dogs
- Go Vegan
- Spara La Jolla Seals
Animal Protection and Rescue League et al. v. delstaten Kalifornien et al.
An injunction was granted to place a guide rope on the La Jolla Children’s Pool beach to protect the seals and their pups until 30 May 2008. The injunction was filed 10 March, 2008.